Head of Accounts | Account Management Team Lead
Full-time and Remote 🌎
Creative Milkshake is a creative agency based in Amsterdam, working with the world's coolest direct-to-consumer brands. We create ads that are designed to convert, that's our jam.
We are currently hiring a Head of Accounts to manage our team of Account Managers. You’d be managing a team of ~5 account managers & reporting to our Director of Operations.
We create ads for social media to help brands generate sales.
Delivery high quality work, on time, for brands we love.
- Complete Communication
- Prideful Accountability
- Precise Process
- Same Team
We are looking for the right candidate to start ASAP in the next 4-8 weeks.
Does this sound like you?
An enthusiastic critical thinker and problem solver willing to immerse themselves in Creative Milkshake and supporting our Account Managers. To be successful in this role, you must show immense attention to detail, process, & organization. Determination and a boundless eagerness to learn and contribute to help manage each project's specific requirements and specifications. Having experience in or being familiar with social media advertising related tasks is a major plus.
What you'll do:
Lead an Account Team that oversees client communication, while generating work that is creatively brilliant, measurable and has an impact. Be the main point of contact for new leads and handle sales calls. You will be welcomed into an inspiring and motivating team that carries out different video and graphic ads projects for major brands around the world.
Sales & Business Development (40%)
Becoming the main point of contact for inbound client inquiries. This includes:
- Owning the inbound sales process; we get tons of leads who come to us but still need to filter and qualify to see if 1. They are a good fit for us & 2. we are a good fit for them
- Reviewing and responding to inbound leads from contact form + referrals + email intros (with support of team)
- Taking 30 min sales calls for previously qualified leads to further qualify them, learn about their business, goals, and # of ads, timeline, etc
- Following up after calls with action items, sending sales deck, check with team to determine if we move forward, capacity + timelines
- Kicking off client engagements, sending over contract, invoice, brief intake form, & celebrating new projects with the team!
AM Team Management (40%)
Mentoring, coaching, and supporting your existing team of amazing account managers.
- Reviewing their work, advising on communications, and providing feedback so we all continue to learn and grow
- First line of support with roadblocks, tricky scenarios that don’t quite fall in line with our SOPs
- Facilitating weekly department meetings to review key projects, priorities, ongoing internal documentation, & process improvement
- Scheduling and leading 1:1s monthly with each individual to ensure their careers, skills, and work happiness are monitored and developed
- Meeting with the leadership team frequently to report on key client issues, process improvements, internal projects, capacity + hiring planning
Account Management (20%)
You will have a couple of clients to manage. This is to ensure you fully understand our industry, process, and can be hands on to best support your team members and continuously update and enhance our SOPs and communicate across departments & with the leadership team.
- Support client onboarding, meetings and check-ins.
- Coordinate the deliverables based on client’s scope to ensure projects are presented at high quality, on time, and to the absolute delight of the client.
- Beginning to end project management, and manage multiple projects at a time.
- Build meaningful relationships with our team and clients.
- 3-5+ years experience at a marketing agency or similar fast paced environment
- Self starter who is not afraid to ask questions & propose solutions
- Remote work experience highly preferred
- GMT or CET timezone preferred
Must be fluent in English (spoken & written)
- High-level communication and speaking skills, excellent emotional intelligence. You are always on time and always (over)prepared.
- Project management proficiency
- Spot problems before they become one and love solving them
- A strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- An appetite for change, new ways of doing things and doing new things
- Proficient in Excel, Google Drive, Slack, Click Up or similar project management tools
Team Player Proficiencies
We’re a global remote team spanning different time zones. You are able to understand how our business works and how you fit in within our entire team and understand how each department functions so you’re able to see how your role & tasks fit into the bigger picture.
- Loop closer: You’re not simply doing a task, you’re following through with completion.
- Self-sufficient: You exhaust your resources searching for (or simply Google) solutions to things before asking someone on the team. You must be willing to roll up your sleeves to problem solve and find creative solutions to administrative challenges independently.
- Super communicator.
- Able to take constructive feedback & delegate effectively.
- Has high emotional intelligence and is able to listen to, support & encourage others.
Client Facing Proficiencies
- Communicating on video calls, emails, & Slacks to nurture long term relationships
- Highly detail oriented & naturally triple checks everything
- Enthusiastic, kind, sociable, articulate & confident
- You’re great at multitasking and stay cool under tight deadlines
What are some of the perks?
- 🏥 Medical benefits compensation
- 💻 Remote work and flexible schedule
- ✈️ Generous PTO
- 💪 A ridiculously awesome team and work environment
- 📚 Tons of training opportunities, including paid courses and conferences
- 🏝️ Annual team retreats around the world
This is a unique chance to develop your skills and grow significantly in the marketing space.
Are you the right person for the job? We'd love to hear from you!
The interview process is as follows:
30 minute screening interview
45-90 minute sample tasks (4 exercises)
45 minute follow up interview
If you are chosen for a screening interview, you can expect this process to take between 2-4 weeks.